Sunday, October 25, 2015

Rework update

To update everyone, I have the mechanics down and have successfully created a time system, a 24 hour schedule for the entire family, directional movements, player customization, stats, skills and story variables. I don't know how much people will enjoy the new system because it is VERY different from the last two builds, but shows a lot of promise.

After much debate and consideration, I will no longer be releasing an in-between version of the new system. What's the reason for that? Because I'll actually need to go out of my way to create a restrictive version of the game. Instead of that, I will add on the family story while expanding the world room by room. I'll try to work in first time encounters with every family member and set up a world big enough that there are places to go to train up your stats. And yes, since there are much more interactions with the family throughout the day, I will need to rewrite and add in the missing gaps. Good thing is, once I fill in those gaps, they will always be there for each consequent day.

It's slow work because I'm doing this after watching 2-3 hours of twine 2.0 tutorials and constantly need to add more variables and code or look up how to troubleshoot problems I encounter. I can't give a good estimation of how much longer it will take for Ver.003 to come out, but I can't imagine it NOT coming out before December.

Until next week!

*Edit: Check out the "Design" page if you really want to know what the new system will look like.

3 comments:

  1. I was curious with this redesign will you be able to still put it up on textadventures website or will it become download only?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still built within twine, just has a LOT more coding. I can't think of a reason why it won't run on textadventures and will happily continue to upload it there.

      Delete
  2. I'm happy to see you're still so excited about your project.

    ReplyDelete